Slideshow

Saturday, February 21, 2009

This is the marvelously expensive grocery store that is just down the street from our apartment. It is the most expensive grocery store in the world. $7.00 for a gallon of milk seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Luckily we joined the grocery stores "club" and milk is now on sale for $4.50. Unfortunately milk goes bad, otherwise we would stack up.
But I can't complain, I live in hawaii, my school is awesome, my wife is amazing, and I go surfing with my best friend on tuesdays. Oh yeah, and look at the sunset behind Foodland. I know, glorious life. Even though it is really expensive to buy groceries it would be even more expensive to eat out all the time. We have been doing really well about eating at home. Last night we had Chicken, mashed potatoes, Broccoli and Cauliflower, and some fruit on the side. And yes, I made it all before Amber returned home from work, and the house was clean. I am doing all that I can until I get a job. Well I would write more but we have to go to the beach with some friends and have a party in this beautiful 75 degree weather.

2 comments:

  1. O Jason, o Jason, esta na havai? When you made that dinner, did you wait until midnight to go wake Amber up to give it to her? That would be rad. Welcome to blogland. Check us out at alecandrandi.blogspot.com...if you are ready to see how cool we are.

    Peace, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jason! That was really sweet of you to surprise her with that amazing dinner.
    And you can brag all you want about how "amazing" Hawaii is BUT I can buy milk at Target for $2.50! HA!

    ReplyDelete