Slideshow

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Body Surfing

So this past week I have been able to go body surfing quite a few times. For those of you who have never gone body surfing I will first say I'm sorry, it is one of the most amazing feelings you can ever experience. There is a beach that is located about a mile and a half away that is called pounders beach. The wave crashes right up on the shore and comes in with a lot of power. It usually just closes out and you get a short lived drop then a nice little pounding into the sand if you aren't able to sneak out the back before it crashes on you.
The beauty about body surfing is that you can do it without having to buy any equipment. I do recommend getting some fins to help you catch the wave but you can usually get those for pretty cheap (or just have a best friend who is a beach lifeguard here in hawaii and can get nice ones for free). I just run down to pounders then body surf for about an hour and run home. I have been trying to get to the beach everyday this past week even though it has been pretty overcast. It was so cold that I wore pants a few days in a row, and a long sleeve shirt.
Anyways, body surfing rocks and it is easily learned. There is a competition at the famous Banzai Pipeline at the end of this month and I am thinking of entering it just for the free t-shirt. If anyone wants to sponsor me there is a $20.00 entry fee.
(I am just kidding about the sponsorship.)



3 comments:

  1. I will sponsor you if you will fly me out to watch my sponsoree. I don't need first class, coach is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, you can come out here. I just need to borrow your credit card to pay for your trip. I will pay you back if I win the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how the competition goes! It must be nice to head to the beach everyday. How's school?

    ReplyDelete