Slideshow

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Our Story Together



Well I guess I will tell you all how we met. Since I am writing the story it will obviously be from my perspective. In October of 2005 I saw Amber at the stake center at a YSA fireside and I thought wow that girl is gorgeous. I went straight to investigating whether or not I knew someone that could introduce us and I did so we were introduced and I found out she was 17. That was the end of that for me at that time. There was no way that I as a 21 year old could date a 17 year old. Fast forward to May of 2007. If you do the math she is now almost 19, which is totally legal. I saw her at a dance on a friday in early May, I didn't even talk to her I just saw her and remembered her. The next night I saw her at a party and this time I talked to her, danced with her, felt totally nervous around her, and at the end of the night I said, "We should hang out sometime" and she said "yeah." Then she left and I didn't ask her for her number. The whole next week I was kicking myself for not getting her number because she seemed to be at least a little interested but I was just a wuss. The weekend finally arrived and it was my birthday weekend so I was feeling lucky. Friday night passed with no Amber sighting. The next day I met a girl at Folsom Lake that was cute and I was able to flirt with her no problem. I kept thinking to myself. Why can't I be like this when Amber is around? So that night I went to a party for all the people who had b-days that week and who walks in? Yeah, Amber Leidecker. So the entire night I was in the same room as her, talking to her a little but totally at a loss for words. It was ridiculous. The entire night I followed her around and again I didn't get her number. I drove home that night really angry at myself for being so weird. I was totally bummed that I didn't get her number but I was leaving the next wednesday to So. Cal to sell alarm systems. I thought to myself, "she'll be married by the time you get back." Sunday night I was talking to my Mom, telling her the entire story about how I can flirt with other girls fine and be totally cool around other girls but when Amber comes around I get this weird feeling and I am totally self conscious of everything I say. As I was telling her this story I received a text message from a number I didn't know, "Hey Jason, this is Amber. I hope you don't mind I got your number I was wondering if you wanted to hang out before you leave." I thought it was a joke. I thought it was one of my friends messing with me. The next day I texted her back saying. "Yeah, how's tuesday night?" So I took her out on a date and the entire time I was nervous and kept telling her. "I'm not usually so nervous, I don't know why I feel totally intimidated by you." All of my plans fell through. The place we were going to eat was closed at seven, by the time we found another place to eat and finished our meal the miniature golf place was closed. So we ended up walking around roseville automall talking about life and looking at cars. It was pretty humiliating for me and I thought she would never want to talk to me again. Obviously she did, probably because of my amazingly good looks. We spent the next few months writing each other and talking every once and a while on the phone. We had our first kiss at sunset overlooking lake folsom, I told her I loved her and she waited two weeks to say it back and I proposed to her where we had our first kiss on January 18th 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogspot! I'm glad that you guys have one because now I will actually know what is going on with you guys (no one ever tells me anything :(). And the answer to your question, I just found out two seconds ago that your blog existed and I AM following it now. Take that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a GREAT story! Can't wait to meet Amber.

    ReplyDelete