Slideshow

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Graduating to the Blog universe.


Blogging, it is very interesting to me how technology can bring us closer together but at the same time remove physical interaction (unless you consider typing physical, but then what about talking on the phone is that physical, I guess it is more personal than typing). I know that through facebook I can see what is going on in peoples lives but I never have to talk to them. Just a quick comment on their wall and I am involved in their lives. Is there something wrong with that? Is it a waste of time? I don't know, but I look at this as a way to scrapbook but actually have people see the scrapbook instead of putting it up in the book case only showing it to someone when it gets noticed. Amber is a huge scrapbooker and this is a debate that we have been discussing for quite some time now. Is it better to be able to hold the pictures and turn the pages? Does writing something down with your handwriting make it more personal than the cold typed letters we see on the computer screen. Is anything lost from handwritten to typed? So I am trying this blog thing out but I am not sure how often it will be updated. Maybe it will be just another thing I do in my pick up the computer routine, check my email, check my facebook, check blackboard, check the surf report, and check my credit score. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment